The African American Museum of Bucks County honors the rich legacy of the African American experience, inspiring pride in our heritage, and sharing information and stories about the diverse journey of our people and our shared ancestry. Our programs and exhibits explore the history and heritage of the diverse cultures of Bucks County and beyond. We tell these stories through special exhibitions, public events, and educational programs.
The mission of the AAMBC is to promote understanding and appreciation of the African American experience including:
- History: Honoring and illuminating the legacy of the African American experience from African roots to the present day.
- Education: Programming that demonstrates the importance of African American history and culture to everyone.
- Inspiration: Highlighting contributions that show the diverse journeys of African Americans in art, culture, politics, sports,
- and other areas.
The African American Museum of Bucks County honors the legacy of the African American experience, inspiring pride in our heritage, educating about diverse journey of our people, sharing stories that depict our shared ancestry, thus enriching the lives of Bucks County families.
- We take pride in heritage and ancestry: "We stand on the shoulders of our forefathers"
- We gain strength earned through struggle and persistence: "We cannot be defeated"
- We believe in the power of change: "Ordinary people doing extraordinary things"
- We continue to have faith in the dream: "All men are created equal"
- Community: Sharing stories that depict our shared ancestry